POE Support. Excellent Pricing. Outcomes-Based. Quick Turnover. All-in-One. National!
Receptionist and Front Line
Receptionist and Front Line Training
Several phone lines are ringing, lights on the phone are blinking, coworkers are asking questions, and here comes a customer or client. How does the person manning the front desk of an office or business handle several people simultaneously with professionalism and poise? This fast-paced course is specifically designed to answer this and other important questions for those who work as an organization’s first-impression representative at the front desk. In addition to learning the elements of effective verbal and visual communication, participants will find out how to expertly satisfy even the most demanding, difficult people without jeopardizing their health or safety.
- Course Description: Receptionist and Front Line
- Accredited: NO. The training provider and the facilitators is however accredited, but not this course.
- Duration: 2 days
- Hidden fees: None
- Certificate: Certificate of attendance unless otherwise stated.
- Activities/Assessment: Learners are required to apply skills and knowledge obtained on the course in the workplace. The facilitator will incorporate 70% practicality by means of examples, activities and role-plays during the contact session. Learners will receive a learner guide which will guide them thorough the process.
- Location: Public courses in KZN Durban but we do from time to time schedule classes in Cape Town and Gauteng.
- Discounts: No membership discount apply with short courses. Also see “Corporate Discount Packages” below for additional packages offered.
- Pricing: Click here for a full pricing schedule
- Additional Courses: We also offer our SETA Accredited Courses on request that will only include the learner guide. Additional cost of R55 for workbook optional.
Currently we have the following supporting structures in place for our members:
- Telephone support 7 days a week.
- Whatsapp –
- Cell. 0825507946 Tel. 0867227014 English.
- Cell. Zulu 0727372733 Tel. 0318115749 English/Zulu.
- Helpdesk – www.help.trainyoucan.co.za – 7 days a week (integrated email and sms notifications).
- Weekly workshops in Durban on Fridays between 8am and 12am.
- Skype support – contact helpdesk for details.
- Members private forum with model answers to all activities including JOB opportunities.
Programme consist of the following key areas:
YOU ARE THE FACE OF THE ORGANIZATION
- Qualities of a valuable receptionist
- First impressions and their importance
- Greeting visitors
- Dealing with special needs
- Handling security and emergency procedures
- Qualities of valued receptionist checklist
DELIVERING EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Customer Service Introduction
- What is a Customer
- Customer Chain
- Self Evaluation on Customer Service
- Basic Principals of Customer Service
- Customer Service Importance
- Customer Service impact on your organisation.
- Customer Service Needs
- Annoying habits to avoid
- Personal Presentation
- Telephone Techniques
- Managing First Impressions
- Managing The Call
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The goal of our receptionist training course is to develop receptionists into high level company representatives. The receptionist is the face of any business. The first voice customers hear over the phone and the first face they see when walking into a business. The course teaches receptionists the different forms of communication, telephone etiquette, answering techniques, professional customer service and how to handle difficult customers. Receptionist excellence starts here.
- Admin staff
- Minimum of 14 days workplace experience in the workplace. (part time or full time)
- Basic communication skills (English = reading and writing skills on a NQF level 1 (Grace 8 or higher))
- Able to attend the contact session and any of our workshops offered.
Learner preparation for the contact session (Classroom Training)
- Attending the full contact session. (Classroom Session)
- Copy of ID document
- Pen and paper.
- Enrol as a learner with Trainyoucan by completing the application form. (PDF document or the online enrolment)
- Attend the contact session with Trainyoucan.
- We provide you with all the learning material that you need.
- Certification (Attendance) on completion.
CORPORATE PACKAGES – ON-SITE (YOU SAVE MONEY)
We offer corporate packages on site to reduce the cost and make training more affordable. Our corporate packages work as follows:
- You provide the venue – you safe money!
- We provide the Facilitator – you only pay the daily Facilitator rate!
- Facilitator daily rate: R1200 Inc.
- Administration and booking fee: R1200 Inc. (once off price)
- Delegate manual and certificate: R65 per person Inc.
- Travelling: only outside urban areas where specified.
- Set price of R65 per manual and certificate or each person attending.
- Deposit 50% required as confirmation of the course and 50% on completion (last day).
Terms of agreement:
- The employer provide the venue.
- Where possible we require we request U-Shape or Boardroom style.
- Employer to indicate if flipchart is available. (TRAINYOUCAN will provide where not possible)
- The employer provide refreshments (teas on arrival, morning and afternoon) – Where not possible TRAINYOUCAN will make arrangements.
- Catering – this is totally dependent on the employer/organisations internal policies and procedures.
- Session start: All sessions will be starting 8h30 in the morning until 16h00 unless otherwise communicated.
- TRAINYOUCAN will provide an SETA Accredited Facilitator with the scope to deliver the required programmes for the duration of the course.
- Maximum of 12 delegates per class requested.
- Request brief outline or training needs/gap from the employer/organisation to assist Facilitators in addressing special needs during the training sessions.
- Bookings and arrangements can be confirmed directly with the Facilitators however all bookings and payments will be accepted on a valid invoice from our accounts department.
- Payment Request: Strictly on invoice only!